Sunday, May 11, 2008

Know Me: I Am A Filipino

  1. My meals always come with a bowl of white rice.

  2. - No carbs substitutes are allowed.

  3. My feet are most comfortable when I'm wearing flip-flops.

  4. - That's why you can't help but stare at my overly exposed dark toes.

  5. If it's raining and I'm looking up to the sky, I could drown through my nose.

  6. - If there's anything I need to protect with an umbrella, it's my nose.

  7. I have to wear my underwear when I take showers (indoors).

  8. - I was raised in a very conservative family, remember?

  9. I love the beach, but I hate the sun.

  10. - You'll never see me in skimpy outfits, instead I'll be happily hiding under a huge towel while I stroll along the beach under the searing heat of the sun or I may be somewhere else taking solace from the sun's heat under the shade of a tree.

  11. To say that I love chocolates, is a humongous lie.

  12. - I don't have a sweet tooth. Actually, that's my biggest secret to keeping myself thin.

  13. I love dried fish, that's one big truth.

  14. - Everytime I cook it, the neighbors couldn't leave their windows open. Hmmm...I wonder why.

  15. My idea of an afternoon siesta is gossiping with my neighbors.

  16. - It's more meaningful if my neighbors are all seated along the sidewalk with me.

  17. Text messaging is my biggest preoccupation.

  18. - I love the idea of unlimited text messaging.

  19. To me, a cellphone is as essential as my food, my clothing and my education.

  20. - Yup, in fact I spend my allowance mostly on reloading my cellphone rather than on snacking, or buying my other essentials.

    P.S. The one activity that I always partake in, is SIM-swapping at the mall. (That's the reason why you can no longer reach me using my old cell number. I'll text my new number to you later.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I did some text message surveys. I found that the most intense text message users texted once every two seconds of their waking life. So, if that's your preoccupation, good for you, but you're not too far gone yet.

purple_rain said...

That's some wonderful info. I'm speaking in behalf of the general Filipino texting community. What baseball is to Americans, is what text messaging is to Filipino cellphone-users. Yeah, I think the number one pastime is still gossiping, which is of course made more enhanced now with SMS and MMS capabilities through cellphones. I wonder what disability you could end up with in the long run if you texted once every two seconds of your life. That'd be interesting.