Friday, April 20, 2007

PSALM 91: My Second Chance At Life

Psalm 91

1 He who dwells in the shelter of the Most Highwill rest in the shadow of the Almighty.
2 I will say of the LORD, "He is my refuge and my fortress,my God, in whom I trust."
3 Surely he will save you from the fowler's snareand from the deadly pestilence.
4 He will cover you with his feathers,and under his wings you will find refuge;his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart.
5 You will not fear the terror of night,nor the arrow that flies by day,
6 nor the pestilence that stalks in the darkness,nor the plague that destroys at midday.
7 A thousand may fall at your side,ten thousand at your right hand,but it will not come near you.
8 You will only observe with your eyesand see the punishment of the wicked.
9 If you make the Most High your dwelling—even the LORD, who is my refuge-
10 then no harm will befall you,no disaster will come near your tent.
11 For he will command his angels concerning youto guard you in all your ways;
12 they will lift you up in their hands,so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.
13 You will tread upon the lion and the cobra;you will trample the great lion and the serpent.
14 "Because he loves me," says the LORD, "I will rescue him;I will protect him, for he acknowledges my name.
15 He will call upon me, and I will answer him;I will be with him in trouble,I will deliver him and honor him.
16 With long life will I satisfy himand show him my salvation."

Day in and day out, I made sure that I had this prayer with me, because wherever I went it gave me a promise of protection.



◊» Duh...Keep It To Yourself PSALM 91: My Second Chance At Life

No comments: